Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Vegan cook off in Dublin - and all for a good cause!


Dublin is currently laying beneath a blanket of glistening snow (which is rapidly turning into slush, but I digress...) so spare a thought for those who have organised gig events this week. One which I am hoping to make is on this Thursday at the fantastic Exchange venue in Temple Bar.

www.vegantasticcookingcontest.blogspot.com

Called the Vegantastic Cooking Contest, it will be a vegan tasting competition where amateur vegan cooks will display around 25 different dishes for members of the public to judge. There are two categories, sweet and savoury and the winners will receive prizes donated by the Hopsack health food shop (one of my favourite shops).

The price? Just €9 in at the door or €6 with a student card. Bargain! The event is in aid of the Dublin Simon Community, which does sterling work for those who are homeless in Dublin.

Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Tea and Sympatico said...

What a great idea. Are you cooking for it? Look forward to seeing some pics of the event.

Tea and Sympatico said...

Hello again! I've just been contacted by the winner of my Mofo giveaway saying she doesn't want to claim the prize as she's about to move and doesn't want any more stuff. I've done the Random Generator again and it came out with number 5 which is your number. Have a look in my Folksy shop and let me know what you would like. My email link is in my profile. Best wishes, Caroline
http://www.folksy.com/shops/jimiconqueror

Adventures in Veg said...

Hey Caroline! Wow that is so cool, thanks so much :) I never win things so this is a great surprise. Going to email you now :)