Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pick 'n' Mix

You may have noticed that I have updated the look of the blog - I was thinking recently that it needed an overhaul and then blogger introduced a new design feature, so it was quite serendipitous! There may be a few more changes here and there to come. I know I went for a very pink look, as it goes with the main picture in the blog header, but hopefully that isn't too pink for some people, ha!

What blogs and sites have you been reading lately? Come across any interesting recipes or articles? Why not let me and the other Adventures in Veg readers know by commenting below - comments are always so welcome!

Here are some things I've been reading lately:

*You might have heard of sprouting seeds and pulses, but have you heard of sprouting grains? Gena at the wonderful Choosing Raw site has the lowdown for you.
*A huge thanks to Angela at Oh She Glows for mentioning Adventures in Veg in her recent blog roundup. Every link is really appreciated! Hello and welcome to all Oh She Glows readers who have visited the site in recent days.
*We all know The Gluttonous Vegan makes amazing desserts - but did you know she makes awesome vegan savoury dishes too
*Kiss Me I'm Vegan has an interview with The Shannons, who are veganising Betty Crocker's cookbook.
*There is a family vegetarian day taking place in Dublin today (Saturday).
*The delicious Dee's vegetarian (vegan) burgers are now certified gluten-free (pdf)! You can get them in supermarkets (Dunnes), health food shops and Centras in Ireland. Highly recommended.
*Lions and Tigers and Sara, Oh My! isn't a food blog, but I have to recommend it to any woman who is interested in fashion for women who aren't a size 10, body image, and the revolt against photoshopping. It's run by the fabulous Sara who is a really funny writer and whose attitude I totally dig.
 
*What's it like to travel the world as a vegan? Jill and John are finding out as they backpack their way around the world. Their blog, Vegan Backpacker, is crammed full of essential information for any vegan or vegetarian backpacker - after reading it I now have a long list of places I want to go to in London and New York next time I visit (after I plant that money tree....).

They are running a competition (closing date tomorrow, Sunday 13 June) for one lucky winner to scoop some Coconut Bliss ice-cream. Yum!

Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of having dinner with Jill and John at Glauce (of the fab blog Food in My Life) and her husband Matteo's house in Dublin. It was so lovely to meet them all (I had gone for a drink with Jill the week before, it was so great to meet up) and Glauce's traditional Brazilian meal was utterly delicious. Glauce, I must get the recipe from you as I've been craving the black bean dish all week. We even had Glauce's delicious cupcakes for dessert. It was a fantastic night - thanks to Glauce for the invite.



 
Finally, I went home to Cork for my birthday last month and got to eat some delicious Indian food (I always go for chana masala, it's my favourite) and spent some time with Dexter, the cutest bichon frise ever. Here are some gratuitous pics of him being his cute self. 

5 comments:

lionsandtigersandsaraohmy said...

Thanks so much for the link love, Aoife.
We can do it! x

Glauce said...

I love the pink layout :)

And thanks a million for the kind words, it was an amazing night and I loved to meet you all. Hopefully we'll have the chance to have many other dinners together. I'll tell you how to make the feijoada ;)

See you soon. xoxo

The Voracious Vegan said...

Your new layout is gorgeous! So fresh and beautiful, well done!

And I LOVE round up posts, you've given some great links here, I can't wait to read them all.

And, as always, your food looks fantastic, but nothing can be cuter than Dexter! What a sweetie!

Naomi Rose said...

thanks for the shout out! site looks great (I'm so behind) xx

Sweet @ Adventures in Veg said...

No problem my dear! How is the summer in the States going? xx